Thursday, April 20, 2023

Nowhere Fast - the Smiths

Nowhere Fast - the Smiths
2:37
Meat Is Murder, 1985
Written by Morrissey and Johnny Marr

This week is all about 1985!

What I love about Morrissey is how he leavens his whiny emo shtick with real wit and humor.  He can even be self-effacing, or at least he could back them (nowadays he seems to be a stuffy right-wing old bore).  "And if the day came / When I felt a natural emotion / I'd get such a shock / I'd probably jump in the ocean."  Rhythm section sounds like a train.  It's such a sad sound.  It's no "There Is a Light And It Never Goes Out" but it's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory 3:22 New Found Glory , 2000 Written by Jordan Pundik, Ian Grushka. Chad Gilbert, Cyrus Bolooki, and Steve Kle...