Sunday, September 3, 2023

When the Ship Comes In [live] - Bob Dylan

When the Ship Comes In [live] - Bob Dylan
3:05
The Bootleg Series Vol. 7: No Direction Home: The Soundtrack, 2005 (recorded 1963)
Written by Bob Dylan

One of my favorite early Dylan songs.  I love the insistent guitar that propels the song along, the melody and pitch rising and falling like waves.  It's like a gospel march wrapped in a folk protest song.  This version was recorded at Carnegie Hall on October 26, 1963.  It doesn't differ a great deal from the studio version (which runs at 3:14) — that live show prerequisite would come with later, grumpier Dylan — but it's such a terrific song, I'll hear it again only slightly tweaked, I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory 3:22 New Found Glory , 2000 Written by Jordan Pundik, Ian Grushka. Chad Gilbert, Cyrus Bolooki, and Steve Kle...