Saturday, April 20, 2024

Lay Your Love On Me - Racey

Lay Your Love On Me - Racey
3:18
Smash and Grab, 1978
Written by Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman

I've never heard of this pop-rock group, although the song was a big hit in several countries.  It's buoyed along by handclaps, bouncy bass, high organ notes, and piano combining to an infectiously catchy beat. It's a song of love and lust.  As with so many songs of the era (and the current one, I guess), the narrator notes that when he met the girl she was just seventeen; this doesn't necessarily indicate creepiness, as he could have been the same age as well.  "Now I've tasted your sweet lips / Ooh darling I know what I miss / You gave me more than I could ever take / With every word and every move you make." It's not exactly original, but the lads certainly could craft a catchy hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Salami Time! - The Baseball Project

Grand Salami Time! - The Baseball Project 3:21 Grand Salami Time! , 2023 Written by Peter Buck and Scott McCaughey The title of this song i...