Thursday, April 18, 2024

Let Me Down Easy - Gang Of Youths

Let Me Down Easy - Gang Of Youths
5:19
Go Farther In Lightness, 2017
Written by David Le'aupepe

Riding a persistent uptempo percussion track with catchy keyboard and strings, this song is an avalanche of words, a literate litany of one man's self-assessment in the face of aging, failure, and the ability to fight for  cause.  It's a wry mix of deadpan self-depreciation and humor.  "Honey, it’s no secret that I’ve been losing my way / In the weirdest of moments and the stupidest of ways / But hey, I’m still young and it’s gonna be okay / I got solipsism, baby, and I brought lemonade."  It's the human condition: longing, confidence, intensity, anticipation, all gliding over a pulsating rhythm.  It's over five minutes but I could easily have it twice the length.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gardener - The Tallest Man On Earth

The Gardener - The Tallest Man On Earth 3:57 Shallow Grave , 2009 Written by Kristian Matsson This neo-Americana love song disguised as mur...