Monday, May 6, 2024

Preservation - Aesop Rock and Del the Funky Homosapien

Preservation - Wu-Tang Clan
2:27
Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture, 2005
Written by Del the Funky Homosapien & Aesop Rock

Spotify and many other sites list the Wu-Tang Clan as the contributing artist of this track, but I'm pretty sure that's only because they put their name on the compilation album it's on.  As far as I can tell, the Wu-Tang Clan had nothing to do with it.  An irresistibly catchy piano line over sharp percussion provides the beat, and the lyric is the usual chainsaw-through-a-dictionary braggadocio common to indie hip-hop artists: "Sprout tryna out the older alligator fade away / Make his day, please, I chisel the missile gently / Blast when the waggin' little finger condescends me."  All right then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Just Killing Me - ZZ Top

She's Just Killing Me - ZZ Top 4:56 Rhythmeen , 1996 Written by Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill, and Frank Beard Frank Beard died yesterday. ...