Tuesday, June 16, 2026

Way Over There - the Miracles

Way Over There - the Miracles
2:56
Hi... We're the Miracles, 1961
Written by Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy

Let's celebrate Juneteenth

Although it never achieved the fame of the Miracles' later hits, this one of Smokey Robinson's finest early compositions.  Faster and more energetic than the group's singles, it finds Robinson singing with a yearning passion, backed by enthusiastic harmonies, handclaps, electric guitar, and a bright piano figure. The lyrics concern a determined narrator overcoming every obstacle to reunite with his distant love ("I've got a lover way over there / On the mountain side / And I know that's where I should be"), and the soaring chorus perfectly captures his optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory 3:22 New Found Glory , 2000 Written by Jordan Pundik, Ian Grushka. Chad Gilbert, Cyrus Bolooki, and Steve Kle...