Friday, August 14, 2026

Falling And Laughing - Orange Juice

Falling And Laughing - Orange Juice
3:51
You Can't Hide Your Love Forever, 1982
Written by Edwyn Collins

The only thing I know about this Scottish post-punk band is that Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian considers them one of the greats.  With a droning, jangle-pop sound reminiscent of the Smiths and R.E.M., this song, their debut single, combines hesitant, vulnerable vocals with bright guitars and keyboard lines.  The lyrics tell of a love denied the narrator: "You say that there's a thousand like you / Well, maybe that's true / I fell for you and nobody else / So I'm standing here so lonesome."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Falling And Laughing - Orange Juice

Falling And Laughing - Orange Juice 3:51 You Can't Hide Your Love Forever , 1982 Written by Edwyn Collins The only thing I know about t...