Friday, August 7, 2026

Hurtin' (On the Bottle) - Margo Price

Hurtin' (On the Bottle) - Margo Price
4:12
Midwest Farmer's Daughter, 2016
Written by Margo Price, Mark Fredson, Jeremy Ivey, Caitlin Rose

Despite being something of a young'un (well, when she started), this is a classic country tonk song with steel guitar and lyrical sensibility that could come straight out of the pen of Hank Williams: "I put a hurtin' on the bottle / Baby now I'm blind enough to see / I've been drinking whiskey like it's water / But that don't touch the pain you put on me."  The delivery, though, is pure vintage Dolly, with a bright twang and an easy-going pace, as if she wasn't running from demons so much as chilling with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Salami Time! - The Baseball Project

Grand Salami Time! - The Baseball Project 3:21 Grand Salami Time! , 2023 Written by Peter Buck and Scott McCaughey The title of this song i...