Tuesday, June 9, 2026

Let's Do It Again - Reigning Sound

Let's Do It Again - Reigning Sound
2:53
A Little More Time With Reigning Sound, 2021
Written by Greg Cartwright

A throwback garage rock boogie with singer-songwriter sensibilities, this rollicking, winking song is about someone who eagerly anticipates the return of an old love and the good times they had.  The narrator has let a few things slide in their absence ("Now my nights without you aren't the same / I've been walkin the dog in the pouring rain / And the garden I startеd last spring / Is full of vines and weeds") but when a letter arrives, he can't wait to be together again.  Vocalist Cartwright sings in a croon that evokes Nashville Skyline-era Dylan and the band sounds like it's internalized and perfected '70s rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

California (All the Way) - Luna

California (All the Way) - Luna 4:15 Bewitched , 1994 Written by Dean Wareham I don't usually care for shoegaze or this type of dreamy ...