Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Waitress In the Sky - The Replacements

Waitress In the Sky - The Replacements
2:02
Tim, 1985
Written by Paul Westerberg

In college I knew several people who were heavily into the Replacements.  I never saw the charm at the time, although I did listen to some Westerberg albums on repeat.  This song is from the point of view of a nasty, entitled airline passenger who thinks of the poor hardworking stewardess as "nothing but a waitress in the sky," comparing her derisively to a janitor.   Clearly Westerberg intends the narrator to be the bad guy, but I bet a lot of people have grossly misunderstood the song and identified with the flier.  "Uppity women amirite?!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory 3:22 New Found Glory , 2000 Written by Jordan Pundik, Ian Grushka. Chad Gilbert, Cyrus Bolooki, and Steve Kle...