Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Nur Geträumt - Nena

Nur Geträumt - Nena
3:43
Nena, 1983
Written by Jörn-Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen, Nena Kerner, and Rolf Brendel

Although most of the world only knows "99 Luftballons," Nena (the band and the singer sharing a name) has a couple of other catchy New Wave German synth-pop numbers.  On this one, her brash vocal rides synth percussion with some electric guitar.  The song is about someone who is always dreaming of a lover, caught in a state of confusion and hesitation; it has enough energy to engage even Anglophone listeners.  "Alles, was ich an dir mag / Ich mein' das so, wie ich es sag' / Ich bin total verwirrt / Ich werd' verrückt, wenn's heut passiert" ("I love everything about you / I mean what I say / I'm totally confused / I'll go crazy if it happens today").  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Falling And Laughing - Orange Juice

Falling And Laughing - Orange Juice 3:51 You Can't Hide Your Love Forever , 1982 Written by Edwyn Collins The only thing I know about t...