Thursday, June 13, 2024

Wilder Side - Carter Sampson

Wilder Side - Carter Sampson
4:34
Wilder Side, 2016
Written by Carter Sampson

Sampson, a country-Americana musician, has a beautiful voice with a warm tone.  Here, she belts this soft ballad out with both power and delicacy.  It's a farewell song and a bold expression of identity.  "I've got a lonesome heart / But you only need light when the daytime is dark / I'm always putting love together to take it apart."  It's the kind of song that's perfect for a ride in a convertible on a sunny day.  Obviously sheet talent doesn't lead to success in the music industry for a variety of reasons, but often I can't understand why some acts, like Sampson, "the Queen of Oklahoma," don't make it bigger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory 3:22 New Found Glory , 2000 Written by Jordan Pundik, Ian Grushka. Chad Gilbert, Cyrus Bolooki, and Steve Kle...