Saturday, June 22, 2024

Youngblood - Green Day

Youngblood - Green Day
2:33
Revolution Radio, 2016
Written by Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool

Although this fist-pumping punk love song leans a little too heavily on repeating its one-word chorus, it's got some of Armstrong's funniest and dorkiest lyrics.  Like Johnny cash before him, the narrator here is a dark soul saved by love.  "I'm a rough boy around the edges / Getting drunk and falling into hedges."  But I'm a real sucker for the kind of stream of consciousness list-lyrics that Steve Wynn is also a master of: "Supernova, Cherry Cola / She's the cedar in the trees of Minnesota."  What that could mean only Armstrong knows but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes 3:57 Bloom , 2025 Written by Raynes This is an upbeat blend of pop and folk with a driving percussive beat,...