Sunday, August 2, 2026

Baby Blue - Badfinger

Baby Blue - Badfinger
3:37
Straight Up, 1972
Written by Pete Ham

The only exposure to Badfinger's music I've ever had is though occasionally hearing it on classic rock radio.  This one was featured in the finale of "Breaking Bad," a show I love a lot, but I don't recall its use in the episode, either.  So, while I technically know this song, I didn't recognize it from the title, so I'm putting it in the playlist.  Ham wrote the song about a woman named Dixie Armstrong, whom he had dated during the band's last tour.  It's a lost love song, melancholic in lyric but couched in such a catchy melody and beautiful harmonies (even a very Beatles-esque "What can I do" plaint in the bridge) that it exudes contentment more than loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory

Hit Or Miss - New Found Glory 3:22 New Found Glory , 2000 Written by Jordan Pundik, Ian Grushka. Chad Gilbert, Cyrus Bolooki, and Steve Kle...