Sunday, October 4, 2026

Night - Bruce Springsteen

Night - Bruce Springsteen
3:01
Born To Run, 1975
Written by Bruce Springsteen

Okay, so this rocker is a little bit of a cheat, because I have been dipping into Born To Run for most of my life, and the title track is one of my favorite songs of all time.  But I'm not very familiar with this particular song, and it's such a quintessential Bruce number in its stark depiction of the working man trying to escape drudgery through cars, girls, and sheer velocity that I can't believe I've given it so little notice.  "The rat traps filled with soul crusaders / The circuit's lined and jammed with chromed invaders / And she's so pretty that you're lost in the stars."  How can you not like that?  It's like the younger cousin of "The highway's jammed with broken heroes / On a last chance power drive / Everybody's out on the run tonight / But there's no place left to hide."  That kind of turnpike poetry is why they call him the Boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes 3:57 Bloom , 2025 Written by Raynes This is an upbeat blend of pop and folk with a driving percussive beat,...