Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes
3:57
Bloom, 2025
Written by Raynes

This is an upbeat blend of pop and folk with a driving percussive beat, soaring, heartfelt vocals, building up to harmonies and big "oh oh oh" choruses.  Lyrically, the song is a declaration of love, with images of remembered scenes between two people.  It starts with what might be an apology after a rift: "Thought about what I said / And I wanna take it back / Hanging on by a thread / When I knew it would snap / Can we break the head from the haft / And bury it somewhere outside?"  I love the literate, gentle poetry of this song, and I'm continually surprised that music this melodic, heartfelt, and lyrically ambitious can exist without becoming a huge hit. If you think contemporary pop has nothing left to say, give this one a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes

Your Mouth is a Garden - Raynes 3:57 Bloom , 2025 Written by Raynes This is an upbeat blend of pop and folk with a driving percussive beat,...